Shapewear for Women: Can Your Undies Pass the Travel Test?
Body Wrap Shapewear
Many women love Body Wrap for its comfort. Once the right size is determined, the Body Wrap brand can be worn all day, even on a long flight to China or Europe. And, here are two great styles to try:
- Body Wrap Cinch and Lift Underwire Cami: This style is a dream. It uses microfiber fabric to sweetly hold those bulges in. Even ugly back fat seems to disappear. (Holy shizzit. I just looked in the mirror. I need something like this.)
- Body Wrap The Catwalk Long Leg Panties: This body shaper will tame that tummy. Wear this panty with the Body Wrap cami for overall sleekness.
I’m nipping back in with a story: I was once in Malta buying undies… of course… where else would I buy underwear… and the fitter suggested that I go up a size from the suggestion on the package. Actually, she told me to go up two sizes. She was right and she saved my trip.
Shapewear companies come out with new innovations all the time to keep up with huge demands of the Baby Boomer women.
Everyone must experiment to find the best products for her own unique body, however there are key pieces recommended by Charla Krupp, author of How Not to Look Old. Note: Some of the style names have changed:
- Lipo in a Box Firm Control Body Suit: This will smooth out Buddha belly.
- Spanx' High-Falutin Footless: This garment goes all the way up to the bra band and down to mid-thigh. A style like this is perfect to wear under pants when wearing open toed shoes.
- Maidenform Control It! Sexy Waistnipper Brief: This shaper is for a woman’s middle section, and though it is great for controlling the jiggle, it might be a bit too much control for a very long flight.
- Donna Karan Body Perfect Level 1 Mid-Thigh: This garment slims the hips and lower tummy. It also lifts the derriere.
- Donna Karan: Control Briefs: These briefs slim a gal’s lower tummy and are quite comfortable.
- Assets Red Hot Label Slip by Spanx: These are perfect under travel dresses or skirts.
- Lipo in a Box Capri Bodysuit: This bodysuit comes with or without underwire.
The difficulty with choosing shapewear is that more control means less comfort and vice versa. Every woman should seek out the combination that works for her. Even pieces with light control can go a long way towards taming those ugly back fat bulges and other signs of aging.
The Right Fit
Shapewear styles recommended by other women will never be perfect for all women. The best way to get the right fit is to spend several hours in a store with a fitter, however, busy women don’t always have time for that.
The next best thing is to order several styles and sizes from an online lingerie store, checking the store’s return policy beforehand.
Well, no matter how you accomplish it, buying shapewear is not going to be the high point of your year. But, after you've found the right bras and girdles and slips, it's going to be a lot easier to order the next batch.
Okay kids, got all that info? There will be a Lycra quiz on Friday. The week after that, we’ll be covering Corsets 101 for Steampunk Boomers. Class dismissed.
More Articles for Hip Baby Boomer Women:
- Krupp, Charla. How Not to Look Old: Fast and Effortless Ways to Look 10 Years Younger, 10 Pounds Lighter, 10 Times Better.
- Pucillo, Nina. Is Shapewear Comfortable?
What do you think of this article? Leave a comment at the bottom of the page. If you have any body armor you like, please tell us. It's such a tricky subject.