What is Lagenlook? Cute Boho Travel Wear
by Tina Boomerina (Christina Gregoire)
What is the Lagenlook trend? Well, Lagen is German for “layer” or “layering,” so it translates into something like “layered look.” And, this cute, funky, quirky, boho, hippie-chic, Euro style is perfect for travel, especially when you’re going to be traveling from place to place and the summer weather (or temperature) is expected to be changing all the time. Yes, that would include most of the world… even the seven seas.
Lagenlook started as a London street style, so there are no “real” rules to it, however this mode trend usually includes layers of drapey, asymmetrical, unstructured clothing. And, all you have to do is put the puzzle pieces together in a way that makes your body look great.
Why Women Like Lagenlook Clothing?
Layering is a good way to disguise your body’s imperfections and a fun way to make your clothing into a unique “art style.”
You don’t need to buy a new outfit that goes from head to toe, and you don’t always need to layer pieces to get this look. The best way to play with Lagenlook is to create different outfits from:
- Vintage clothing
- Designer styles (especially those on sale)
- Main-street fashions from your local mall or your favorite online sites
- Clothing and accessories found in your closet that have unusual shapes or interesting colors or textures
- Anything flowing or Victorian
Best Clothing for Mixing and Matching Lagenlook Outfits
- Asymmetrical tops and tunics
- Hitched or drawstring (inside tie) skirts
- Sheer or lace tops or dresses to wear under or over other clothing
- Single pieces of clothing that look layered even though the layers are “built in” through patchwork or draping
Why Lagenlook Clothing Is Great Travel Wear
Lots of Lagenlook items come in tissue weight, sheer chiffon or lace, and other lightweight fabrics, so these pieces are great for layering (over a curvy body) and they won’t make it difficult for you to lug your suitcase up the stairs. Also, many Lagenlook items are meant to be crinkly, so you can stuff them into the corners of your bag without worrying about wrinkles.
And… as I always say… Lightweight layering pieces are the KEY to easy travel wear. Layers will change the look of any travel outfit in about 5 seconds.
- You can wear a gauzy or unstructured vest over a sleeveless tank dress. (A nice way to hide your tum or your hips.)
- You can pair asymmetrical tops with preppy pants or tailored jackets.
- You can wear floaty, silky drawstring pants or skirts with anything… even under anything… (Continue to next page)