How to Find Baby Boomer Women on Pinterest
[continued from page 3]
What Baby Boomers Pin and Repin on Pinterest (continued)
9. Religious and inspirational Quote Boards: If there’s a board dedicated to Jesus and you don't see any “someecard” pins with the eff word, you might be on a Boomer’s board.
10. Gardening Boards: Most women are homebodies, whether they want to be or not. So, many women have pinboards about gardens, container gardens, and fantasy gardens like those that you would find at a European castle or manor house. Boomers are into this stuff.
11. Travel Boards: Almost all women have a bucket list of dream vacations and places they’d like to see. If you also find an accompanying board with all the places the pinner has seen, and her travels are extensive, you might be on the pinboard of a Boomer.
12. Nostalgia from the 50s, 60s or 70s: Okay, this is a no brainer. And, if you see a board called Boomer Humor, you know you’ve reached a Boomer’s board.
13. Very Few Fashion Boards: If a Boomer does have a pinboard called something like “My Style,” it is often filled with pins of shoes, accessories, and hairstyles. But, most Baby Boomer boards will only have a few pins of actual clothing.
Older Women Wear Clothing
Yes, even though you see very little clothing pinned on most Boomer’s boards, contrary to popular myth, women over 50 actually DO wear clothing. Unfortunately, most online clothing sites are geared towards skinny 20-somethings. So, this plea goes out to all of you fashion designers and fashion marketers: If you offer it, we will buy it. (And, I have heard the same grumbles from women who are generation X.)
So, the reason you see so many Boomer’s boards with scarves and shoes and purses and jewelry is that we are not seeing clothing we want to buy. Yes, I’ve said this before. Yes, I’ll keep saying it as long as my arthritic fingers can continue typing. And, yes… if you work for a clothing company, you should be sitting up and paying attention… there’s gold to be made.
Well, if you wonder if your Boomer-centric company should be marketing itself on Pinterest, the answer is, “Yes,” if you sell mostly to women. If you’re selling Viagra, you probably should stick to TV ads and spam, but if you’re selling food, vitamin supplements, garden supplies, crafts, children’s clothing, children’s toys, cheap cruise deals, and other things that have appealed to grannies over the ages, you will find a lot of Baby Boomer pinaholics on Pinterest.
My online mag is designed for Baby Boomer women. Do I use these categories to troll for Boomers on Pinterest? No. I'm way too good at this, so I don't need to use cheesy tricks and Ouija Voodoo to get readers.
If you want to see my boards, click on Pinterest.com/Boomerinas and repin my stuff if you like it. (I am very careful about pinning photos that are either copyright free or that I have permission to use, so you can even repin my photos to a corporate board.)
More Articles for Baby Boomer Women:
What do you think of this article? Leave a comment at the bottom of the page.