Christmas Gifts: 7 Made in the USA Items at Vat19
by Christina Gregoire (Tina Boomerina)
My daughter recently found a great site for groovy and unusual Christmas presents that you would probably never think of on your own. And, all of the gifts on this list are made in America.
This article has a list of some of the items that my retail-gift-savvy daughter recommends.
As Baby Boomers, you and I grew up at a time when almost everything great was made in America. Well, times have changed, but it's always nice for us to do whatever we can to help businesses that employ American workers.
Groovy Gifts from Vat19.com
Many of the presents on this list are inexpensive or reasonably affordable, so Vat19.com is one of the many good resources for finding American-made stocking stuffers, goofy presents for friends at work, and some “curiously awesome” things for mom or dad.
Not all of the products on Vat 19 are made in America, so if that’s as important to you as it is to me, you need to use the site’s search box on the left-hand side of every page, and type “made in the USA” or something similar. And the neato-keeno thing about this website is that very item has a clever video, so you can "see" the products.
1. The World’s Largest Gummy Bear: This 5-pound, gluten-free, 6,120-calorie gummy bear is equal to 1400 regular-sized bears. I am, personally, a big fan of gummies, so I know that kids (and geeky adults) will love this crazy candy gift. $29.99 to $35.99
2. Edge Brownie Pan: Get that crisp, delicious bite in every brownie! Most people race to grab the brownie squares baked at the edge of the pan and the slower people are stuck with the mushy leftovers. So, here’s a gift that will help mom make the whole gang happy. $34.99
3. Astronaut Ice Cream: This “freeze-dried ready-to-eat space dessert” is a perfect stocking stuffer. What kid wouldn’t want ice cream that the astronauts eat? AstroRox ice cream drops are only $3.50 and ice cream sandwiches are $2.99.
4. The Original Slush Mug: Turn a bottled Starbucks Frappuccino into a Slushee in minutes with this freezer mug. This weird little gizmo turns any drinkable liquid (except diet drinks) into a 12-ounce Slurpee-style beverage. $9.99
Disclosure: Articles written by me (Christina Gregoire AKA Tina Boomerina) are objective reviews. I never get paid in any way for endorsing a product.
Other American-Made Presents
Here are some other goodies that my own, very discriminating “personal shopper” likes:
5. Giant Gummy Snake: Teenage boys may like the Giant Gummy Snake more than the Giant Gummy Bear. $17.99
6. Animal Crackers Soap: This is cute, but probably best for fun-loving adults or college kids. This soap looks and smells like cookies, so younger children might be tempted to eat them. $4.99
7. Super Illusions Putty: This crazy stuff is similar to (but way cooler than) the Silly Putty you had as a child. It comes in shiny, space-age hues that change color as the lighting changes. And, this putty has a different consistency. It’s more malleable and it bounces. Good for kids and fidgety adults who need something to keep them occupied. $13.50
Vat19.com is just one of many good websites for finding inexpensive, unique gifts, so if you have time, look around to find the best prices.
More Articles for Baby Boomer Women:
What do you think of this article? Leave a message at the bottom of the page.