Do New Shoes Turn You on More Than Your Partner Does?
by Tina Boomerina (Christina Gregoire)
All women love shoes, but can it be true that 20 percent of women are actually more aroused by a new pair of shoes than by their significant others? Well, if you fall into that category, here are some of the cutest shoes and sandals for summer and beyond.
But, first, here’s a recap of the recent shoe store survey… just in case you missed it… along with a few of my insights concerning the results.
Recent Shoebuy.com Survey
According to prnewswire.com, Shoe Buy reports that twenty percent of women who took their survey get more aroused by a new pair of shoes than by their husbands or boyfriends.
Well, I have to admit that I did feel all warm and fuzzy inside when I found a cute pair of Cole Haan Air sandals on sale for half price. So, the results of the study sound plausible.
Of course, the Shoebuy survey could not have used very scientific research methodology. I am quite sure that the number of women who would prefer a new pair of shoes to a romp with their husbands or boyfriends would definitely be more than 20 percent if a larger sample were used… haha. Have you taken a good look at most straight men these days?
Okay, I have to admit that there are a few guys (other than my husband) that I’m in love with… like Manolo, Jimmy, Stuart, Valentino, Michael, Franco, and even Aldo. Well, there are more men on my list, but I won’t kiss and tell. (And, I can’t afford half the brands I lust after. I’m more in love with Mr. Zappo than with Mr. Blahnik.)
Survey Says! Shoes More Arousing than Men
The shoebuy survey reports that over 80 percent of the respondents own knock-off shoes or accessories. (I’ll refrain from judgment on that issue.)
And, half of the women surveyed said they lied to their partners about how much they paid for their shoes. Not too surprising… considering the high cost of good footwear.
On the other hand, the next revelation seemed a bit shocking to me.
Twenty-five percent of women said they would not take off their heels no matter how much the shoes hurt, and 10 percent said they would take aspirin if necessary in order to keep wearing their painful shoes. I know that I’ve worn shoes to the point of getting blisters, but I only kept those shoes on out of necessity.
However, I’m totally shocked about the aspirin. Only 10 percent? I wonder what percentage of women would click the box if the choice were changed to include red wine and medicinal marijuana, along with a couple of aspirin.
Women Judge You by Your Shoes
It’s just shocking that women admit to judging other women by their footwear. Not!
No one who has ever walked into a high-end department store or boutique will be surprised to learn that almost 50 percent of women respondents admitted to judging others based on their shoes. Only 50 percent? Are you kidding? I don’t think this survey included women from LA. (And, I don’t judge people based on their shoes… well, I do my best not to.)
More Women’s Shoes Info
Half the women respondents do not wear heels, even though the oldest respondent was only age 44… who are these women? Thirty percent of women buy 4-7 pairs of shoes each year. Wow. I suppose I do too, but I’m certainly at the low end of the curve.
One-third of women would ditch their heels for flats on a first date if the guy is short. Why? I always wanted the guy to feel like I could kick his ash if he got obnoxious… and looking tall and tough seemed to help.
Married women are more likely to spend over $100 on a pair of shoes than divorced women are… duh. Married women have more money… and divorced women have other things to fill them with lust… sorry, I couldn’t resist.
Top 10 Shoe Trends for Summer
Well, if the thought of shopping for footwear makes you all hot and bothered, I've found my own photos of the various styles listed in Elle.com's article about trendy shoes for summer. The numbers in the pics correspond with the following list. Well, I don't love all the shoe and sandal trends, but the ones I love... I really love. Dare I say... I lust after some of these shoes... the ones that make my little heart go pitter patter.
1. The Flat sandal: Ugh, I only wear flat sandals to the beach or the pool. If you’re one of those chicks who only wears flats, you’re in luck.
2. The Ballet Flat: Tell me if you know of a good brand of ballet flats with a bit of support and cusioning.
3. The Mandal: You’ll be happy if you like Birkenstocks. That’s basically what Mandals are… only these man-style sandals sometimes come with a bit more bling and embellishment.
4. The Block Heel: Good call. Chunky heels are easier to walk in than stilettos or kitten heels.
5. The Mule: Slip-on mules are one of my favorite types of shoes. Mules are perfect for running out the door.
6. The Espadrille: Gosh, I haven’t worn espadrilles since the 70s, however espadrilles are extremely cute for summer. I prefer the wedge styles.
7. The Loafer: OMG. I’m not preppy enough for loafers. This is out of my area of expertise.
8. The Stiletto Sandal: I love stilettos. They make me feel so Italian. However, I can’t wear them for very long. Stilettos are best for going out to dinner and a show… activities that involve a lot of sitting.
9. The Slide: Elle.com showed pictures of shoes that look like slip-on sneakers or Toms.
10. The White Sneaker: Dear God. Why, why why? Fashion people just like to annoy me. Well, I found the cutest white sneakers I could.
I guess Elle had to come up with some of those boring shoes in order to get a list of 10 “hip” styles. However, I know I’m not going to be buying several of these trends. I’m sorry… white sneakers? My feet went up a size after every pregnancy, so if I’m going to be wearing sneakers, they are going to be black or navy or… anything but white.
Women Love Shoes - It's Made the News!
What’s not to love about shoes? You can always find some kind of cute shoes in your size. Shoes caress your feet more than your husband does. Shoes are there for you. Shoes always love you back.
I’m not sure I would say that new shoes are more arousing than my husband is, but I’m not sure I would not say it. Hey, I guess I’m not a true shoe addict… but if the survey were about jewelry… oh, let’s not go there.
More Fun Articles for Fashion Lovers Over 40:
Photo Resources: prshots.com
- Main Photo: Woman in white's shoes - Dune. Top row: SpyLoveBuy. Middle row: SpyLoveBuy, Dorthy Perkins, Dunnes. Bottom row: SpyLoveBuy, Dune.
- Numbered Photos: 1 Debenham. 2 Dunnes. 3 SpyLoveBuy. 4 Marisota. 5 Whistles. 6 Asos. 7 Asos. 8 SpyLoveBuy. 9 Toms. 10 Asos.
What do you think of this article? Do you wear flats or heels? Leave a message at the bottom of the page or give us a Google Plus with the button below.