Wearable Clothing Trends for Fall: Women Over 40, 50, 60
Wearable Clothing Trends That Continue
You'll be happy to hear that a lot of clothing you've been wearing all year is still in style for fall and winter 2014. Of course, I know that you would continue to wear whatever you liked even if it were "out" of style.
I know that. I get it.
But, this also means that you can buy these spring and summer items on sale and you can work them into your fall and winter wardrobe... knowing full well that your outfits won't look dated in any way.
- Peplums: We all know how flattering peplums can be. If “we” don’t know how flattering peplums can be, “we” should click on the peplum article.
- Printed Jeans and Trousers: Every woman can wear this trend if she plays with the proportions of the top half of the outfit. Not every woman needs to wear this trend. I’m still thinking it over for myself.
- Leopard Prints: Leopard is always good when you’re over 50 or 60.
- Folkloric Fashion: Try to find tops, dresses, or coats that have the feel of Russian, Scandinavian, or Eastern European folk clothing.
- Color Blocking: Hot last fall. Hot this fall. Color blocking is an easy update for women who like tailored classics.
- Asian Prints: Eastern prints and patterns are always in style. Incorporate them into your boho looks. Use Asian prints to soften your classic tailored clothing.
- Baroque: Love it. Wear it. Embrace it.
- Ombré Clothing: Look for garments made of ombré dip-dyed fabric or fabric that transitions from light to dark.
- Kate Middleton Blue: You know what color I mean. And, don't give me a hard time. I actually do know that Kate is no longer called Ms. Middleton. However, we all grew to love this blue hue as we gawked at the beautiful commoner destined to become the Duchess of Cambridge.
- Red for Fall 2014: There seems to be a lot of red on the UK websites and it’s not limited to the Pantone red. Actually, I see everything from lipstick red to dark burgundy.
- White Tops With Black Bottoms: You'll find a lot of two-toned dresses like this or you can just wear a white blouse with black pants or a black skirt.
- Modern Mod: Look for elements of the original British mod. I’m including polka dots in this neo Carnaby Street trend.
- Metallics: If you don’t have the body for metallic clothing, incorporate the look with your shoes or bag.
I am the first to tell you that my personal biases enter into my assessment of fall trends. I’m just going on percentages. If you fall outside the bell curve, you should find a unique style and make it your own. Then come back to read more. I have tons of articles about fall fashion in my head. I just have to find the time to put them together.
More Articles for Baby Boomer Women:
Photo Credits: All photos are from Prshots.com. I lost the caption for the main photo but I think it was Monsoon.