Lost Password?

A password will be emailed to you. You will be able to change your password and other profile details once you have logged in.

23 Trendy Plus-Size Clothing Sites for Large Women Sizes 1x – 12x

simplybe_128544

by Tina Boomerina (Christina Gregoire)

Someone contacted me recently looking for a peplum dress in a larger plus size and it took me a while to find anything.  So, I decided to put together the best designer websites with the coolest and cutest clothes for bigger women. These websites start at 1x, 2x, and 3x, but this list takes you up to groovy extended sizes: 4x, 5x, 6x, 8x, 10x, and 12x.

Of course, I’m a bit artsy and fun loving when it comes to wardrobe options, so if you’re preppy, these may not be your faves.  My list is based upon what I like and what I would wear.  And, I've only included websites that ship to the US.best clothes for baby boomer women

My Biases With Larger Sizes

I am an apple shape, so I have probably skewed my selection based upon that, but I have tried to stay unbiased.  Also, since I am a baby boomer and I think older women need better clothing, some of these sites have fairly expensive clothes…but not all of them.  In addition, I am fond of dresses, because I find them more comfortable and easier to fit than pants.  And, this bias is probably reflected in my choices.

Extended Sizes for Women

Each website on this list has at least one link to a photo that I think is a good representation of the type of clothing you can find on the site.  And, I’m fairly choosy.  I was a regular size up until a few years ago when some lovely medication pushed me up into the smaller plus-size range.  The weight was supposed to come off when I stopped the meds, but that just didn’t happen.  My "set point" changed from the steroids.  Oh well.  This has made me more aware of larger women’s clothing needs.

Cute Women's Clothing Up to Size 4x:

1. SimplyBe.com: Simply Be is one of my favorite sites.  It’s a UK company that’s branched out to give us tons of cute and fashionable styles.  I love Joe Brown’s tunics and dresses. They have a funky, 60s San Francisco style and I own one of his tunics.  (I'll be looking for more later today...for real.)  His stuff is great on my apple-shaped bod.  Simply Be also has some less-expensive Anna Scholtz dresses or you can go to AnnaScholz.com.best brands for women over 40 50 60

2. Navabi.us:  I think this company started in the UK or Germany, but I’m not sure.  They have great funky designer styles that I’ve never seen anywhere else.  Double check the measurements for their sizes because the numbers vary by country.  (I always check out the chart and the return policy before I order from any site.  On the other hand, you should not be afraid to try something new.  You don’t want to look like everyone else, do you?)

3. NewLook.com: Some of the clothes on this site are a bit Hot-Topic-ish, but if you use your good taste, you will snag some great finds.

4. BigGirlsUnited.com: This site has beautiful, simple, drapey dresses that would look great on almost everyone.  The photo in the link shows the Monique dress. (article continues)

Keep reading about trendy plus-size clothing on page two.

Google+

Tina Boomerina (AKA Christina Gregoire) is a Baby Boomer born at the end of 1952. Her mission is to make the internet a kinder and gentler place for Baby Boomer women around the world. Tina's specialty is fashion for women over 50.

Follow Me on PinterestFollow My Boomer Lifestyle Blog on facebook

Related Posts

18 Comments

1. Debbie

Thank you I'm 300 lbs (thyroid problem) and could never find decent plus clothing anywhere until now.

2. Christina Gregoire

Debbie,

I feel you. My weight gain is from a thyroid problem, too. Some people think, "Oh yeah, right. That 'thyroid' thing is just an excuse." Well, I lost 30 pounds one month and gained 50-60 the next month...without changing anything like diet or exercise. I don't care what those clueless people think.

Thank God for the internet. Without it, I would be stuck wearing my bathrobe everywhere. I'm glad you like the article.

Cheers,
    Tina

3. Tina K

Great site Christina. Love the plus size sites you recommend. Love the clothes. Thanks for the ideas.

4. Christina Gregoire

Hey Tina,

Thanks so much for your comment.

Tina Boomerina

5. Jenna S

THANK YOU SO MUCH!! I actually found things that not only fit but things I actually like!!

6. suesmith

perfect, love this plus size dress, these are just for me!

• Tina

Sue,

I was skinny for most of my life, but nothing stays the same forever.

In the beginning, it was terribly hard for me to adapt to my new clothing size (the change was caused by meds and it was an extreme, dramatic, overnight weight gain of almost 80 pounds), but I have had great success with online stores. (I still like trendy stuff and I'm always trying new clothing combinations.)

What the heck would we do without the internet? I'm so glad you found a dress you like! I hope this list was helpful and will be helpful in the future.

I'm tooting my own horn a bit, but I spent ages putting this list together and I use it myself whenever I'm looking for something fun in my size... so you might want to bookmark it. And, if you have any other sites... especially, unusual ones... add them in the comment section.

Cheers,
      Tina Boomerina

• Tina

ps Anyone who wants to add to this list can leave a comment, and I'll either write another article "Trendy Plus Size Sites Part Deux," or I'll add your sites at the bottom of this article. (Spammers will be ignored.)

7. kay kerns

I am a 308 lb 5' 5" Apple shape , pretty much big all over but with narrowish shoulders. I have hippieish bohemian taste in clothes so your tips and postings are so right on, plus you do great research! Have you written any books? On fashion especially?

• Tina

Kay,

I have not written any books, but I should write one. After all these years, I know what women are looking for.

Cheers,

Tina Boomerina

8. Connie

Are you in CANADA?

9. Connie

Do you deliver to Ontario or have a store nearby Goderich?

• Tina-Boomerina

Connie,

Oh, didn't understand the question. I am a blogger. I don't own a store. I just tell women about stores and online sites and clothing styles that I think they would like

Many of the stores that deliver to the US also deliver to Canada. Is there a specific store or style of clothing that you want me to check into? I'm happy to help whenever I can.

Tina

10. Patty

Thank you for sharing the links of where to find the bigger gals clothes! Being DeafBlind, going through debilitating FM at times and being a Mom of fraternal twin toddlers, I've no time for shopping. As parents know, sacrifices are made with multiples. However, it's nice to treat ourselves to a new piece of clothing. Thanks!

11. Tina-Boomerina

Patty,

Thank you so much for your comment. I'm so amazed that you can do twins... wow. Normally, I answer everyone by email but I'm way too far behind in my work to do that right now. I love hearing your views. Thanks for commenting. You sound amazing.
    Cheers,
    Tina

12. Mona

Has anyone tried eShakti.com? I've seen it advertised and look at the site -- some cute clothes and you can modify certain dresses to your preferences. I think it looks interesting and clothing costs are not bad.