Sexy Plus Size Cruise Wear: Cocktail & Formal Dresses
by Tina Boomerina (Christina Gregoire)
Yes, you can be chubby and sexy. Find great plus size cruise wear, like formal dresses and cocktail dresses. Make sure to show off your goods to best effect.
I love cruising. It’s the easiest way to see different cities without doing any work. Well, here are some sexy plus-size cruise wear outfits for formal nights. Hey, you might want to look sexy on your cruise because:
- It’s your honeymoon.
- It’s your anniversary.
- You are just sick and tired of wearing long underwear and down jackets all through the horrid winter.
First of all, you should check to see if your cruise ship has true formal nights because some lines don’t. Go to cruisecritic.com and look for answers on their fabulous forums. If you want to get dressed up because you have a fabulous dress, just do it. I swear that no one will kick you out if you’re the only girl dressed to the nines. Actually, you might get better service, so don’t fret if you want to wear a formal gown and you’re not sure about it.
Most women seem to wear black on formal night, but black is not a requirement. You can wear a long gown, a tea-length dressy frock, a nice suit, or a two-piece pant ensemble. And, I believe that a floral dress is fine for formal nights on most tropical cruises as long as you look suitably festive and your dress is not too casual.
Sexy Black Evening Gowns: Plus Size
I think that East Coast women (on Caribbean cruises) get more dressed up than women on any other cruise I’ve sailed. And, that includes two upscale cruises to the Mediterranean and the Baltic. A lot of the formality has to do with your cruise line and your particular ship.
Great Gowns for Plus Sizes
- JS Collections Beaded Sleeveless Gown at Nordstrom's. I think this is just stunning. It has a mini-dress feel, but it's not a mini.
- Igigi Rebecca Gown in Black. I think this dress will look stunning on any woman, especially pear shapes and hourglass shapes.
- Alex Evenings Long Gown with Jacket in black with beading.
Sexy Plus Size Cruise Wear Dresses
Almost every woman will be in black. If you don't want to blend in with the crowd, just wear a different color.
- Adrianna Papell Long Jersey Gown in peacock blue. This is perfect for any woman who wants to show off her curves without showing everything.
Can you wear short dresses and skirts for formal nights at sea? Of course you can. You'll find a lot more information about what to wear on a cruise if you click onto the next page. (article continues)
Keep reading about sexy plus size cruise outfits on page two.